Urban Wastewater Treatment With Application of the GACS Method of Zeologic S.A.
Urban wastewater treatment aims at the minimization of environmental consequences occurring from the disposal of urban wastewater to the environment, by removing or neutralizing all their components that are polluting or infecting the aquifer, like:
- heavy solids,
- fats and oils,
- contained ordure,
- pathogen microorganisms,
- nitrogen, phosphorus etc.
Disposal of large quantities of non-treated urban wastewater, containing organic or toxic substances at the aquifer, creates noteworthy matters of pollution such as:
- reduction of physical water cleansing,
- eutrophication and destruction of biodiversity,
- unpleasant odors,
- contagious diseases,
- increase in fish mortality
By utilizing the GACS Geochemical Treatment Method in urban wastewater, a removal of all pollutant load is achieved from this wastewater type, and the produced effluent is completely complying with European and Greek legislation. Additionally the occurring sludge from treatment is completely inert and suitable for use as soil improver.
The GACS Solution (Geochemical Active Clay Sediment)
The Geochemical Method GACS consists an innovative solution on an international level on the subject of treatment and disposal of urban wastewater. The key characteristic of the Geochemical Method GACS is the usage of geopolymer materials, which have the ability to adapt on the characteristics and particularity of any type of waste. Under this manner, process optimization and performance maximization are achieved.
Benefits of the GACS Method, on treatment of urban wastewater against the conventional existing methods can be summarized in the following:
- Competitive investment cost
- Significantly reduced installation space
- Reduced operational cost
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Reduced sludge production
- Significantly reduced operational time
- Heavy metals removal even on high concentrations
- Effluent complying with legislation
- Production of inert sludge suitable as soil fertilizer
- Use of natural materials
- Elimination of odors
- Removal of pathogen microorganisms